Letter from our Session Clerk – Dec 2015
Dear Friends in Clincarthill,
We are now in the season of Advent and preparing to remember and celebrate the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. It is such a special time of year and we need to take time in the busyness to remember the meaning of Christmas. Our church will have various events to help us in worship and thanksgiving. We have had our ALTERnativity meal already, and 21 of us participated in that special evening.
Roger organised a ‘Reading of the Word at Advent’ from Luke’s Gospel which will relate the life of our Lord from Birth to Resurrection and Ascension into heaven. That was on Thursday, December 3rd at 7pm.
The Christmas services are as follows and more publicity will shortly be available :-
Sunday 13 December @ 11am Gift Service and Family Lunch
Thursday 17 December @ 7.30pm The monthly Healing service
Sunday 20 December @ 11am Family service
– @ 3pm Remembering service
Thursday 24 December @ 6.30pm Candlelight service followed by Mince pies and tea/ coffee
– @ 11.15pm Watchnight service
Friday 25 December @ 11am Christmas Day service.
Sunday 27 December @ 11am Morning worship
Everyone looks forward to our Christmas Family Lunch and we are thankful to and appreciative of the team who plan and prepare to give us such a special time. Tickets for the lunch are available from the Festival lunch team, so please take one if you are coming, to help them with the catering.
The congregation in our church are very generous at all times to those in need and the gifts we receive at the Gift service will be donated as follows :
- Toys and gifts for children up to teenage years – to the Preshal Trust. There is great poverty in Govan and these gifts are much appreciated.
- Hats, gloves, scarves, socks, toiletries will be sent to the Glasgow City Mission to be distributed as Christmas gifts to the people using the service.
- Chocolate ( selection boxes etc.) will be given to The Mount Befriending service for the elderly befriendees. This was the charity we founded and still have an interest in maintaining. Extra confectionery will be given to Glasgow City Mission.
- The Lodging House Mission receives donations via the sale of Christmas Cards and the retiring offerings at the Christmas services.
Ongoing information will be available from the Intimation sheets and the web page or Facebook.
God bless you all this Christmas Time and may you have a Blessed and Peaceful New Year.