What We Believe
Clincarthill Church is a congregation of the Church of Scotland. As such, we a Presbyterian Church in the Reformed tradition.
This is a summary of what we believe:
- We believe that God is the creator of life.
- We recognise our need for God, that for life to be complete we need to know God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
- We acknowledge Jesus Christ as the unique Saviour for the whole world, achieved by His life, ministry, death and resurrection, bringing forgiveness, peace, hope and the promise of eternal life.
- We seek to acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord over every part of life.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is present with us and in us.
- We believe that the Church is the people of God.
- We believe that He is present in our worship, that He hears prayers and that he has promised to be the help and strength people need for the living of their lives.
- We stand for a Christ-centred and Bible-based ministry which is relevant to our community. We strive to be inclusive and open to all who seek the Lord Jesus Christ.